Correct Poor Posture Habits
Monitto Chiropractic is located in Asheville, NC. That means we are surrounded by some of the most active people on the planet. One of the reasons our area has grown rapidly over the last two to three decades is the long list of activities to do in our collective mountain backyard. You step out of your house and can look in any direction to find an outrageously fun thing to do, such as:
- Exploring mountain peaks and beautiful vista on hundreds of miles of hiking trails
- Plunge downhill at a mountain bike park or attack diverse single-track climbs or flow trails at one of the many systems in our area.
- Float lazily down a river or ride whitewater rapids in the numerous creeks and rivers in western North Carolina.
- Test your strength climbing expansive cliff faces.
- Rest in the wilderness or enjoy glamming at one of the hundreds of campgrounds.
- Test your skills at a disc golf course.
Whatever it is you do when you are out of the office or house may have you daydreaming while you’re stuck inside. Slouching while daydreaming is but one of the many causes of poor posture. Unfortunately, poor posture can lead to aches and pains that slow you down when you are out and enjoying Asheville. Monitto Chiropractic is here to help.
How to Correct Bad Posture in Asheville?
Poor posture can be caused by a number of factors. Ultimately, many of us lean too far forward when we’re on our computers or phones. After a while, it changes the resting position of our heads and experienced discomfort and pain. To correct poor posture:
- Set your computer and devices at eye level
- Do not sit in your wallet even you drive
- Sit in a supportive chair and rest your head in the headrest
- Do not lean on your hands while sitting
- Do not hold your phone between your ear and shoulder
- Invest in an ergonomic chair that helps support your proper posture
- See your chiropractor for adjustments and exercises that promote good posture
If you want relief from the pain and discomfort of poor posture and help correcting the habits that lead to it, contact Monitto Chiropractic today. We have a lot of experience correcting issues related to poor posture and Forward Head Posture (FHP). We can help get you adjusted and provide you with exercises and practices to promote the continued improvement of your posture.