Health Tips Asheville NC
Asheville is a healthy city. We are surrounded by natural wonder. Enormous mountains rise out of the downtown skyline. The French Broad and Swannanoa Rivers converge near Biltmore, while nearby Brevard has the highest concentration of waterfalls on the East Coast. There are hundreds of miles of mountain bike trails in Bent Creek, Dupont State Forest, and Tsali Trail Complex. Thousands of miles of hiking trails crisscross Buncombe, Madison, Henderson, and surrounding counties. Creeks and lakes provide opportunities to enjoy fishing, kayaking, and whitewater rafting.
With so much to enjoy outdoors, it makes sense that Asheville residents are committed to leading healthy lives. At Monitto Chiropractic, we take health and wellness seriously and want to make sure western North Carolinians have the resources to stay physically fit.
Tips for Staying Healthy in Asheville
If you want to maintain your wellness or get healthier, here are some tips:
- Eat Well: There are a lot of great restaurants in the Asheville area, so eating healthy may seem challenging. Rather than pursuing crash diets, pay close attention to your overall nutrition so you can enjoy eating out with friends and family in moderation.
- Stay Active: With so much to do in the Asheville area, make sure you take advantage of the opportunities to stay active, exercise often, and get outdoors.
- Standing: Make sure that you keep your chin up and don't slouch. If you know that you are going to be standing for a long period of time, make sure that you wear comfortable shoes.
- At Your Desk: When you must sit for a long period of time, for instance at a desk job, make sure to get up and stretch every 20 minutes. Sit with your back against the chair, feet firmly on the floor or foot rest with your knees at or above hip level.
- Sleeping: Make sure you are practicing healthy bedtime habits and preparing yourself to get plenty of rest. We often fall asleep in strange positions where we are not supported properly or our necks are at an odd angle. Try to make sure you are sleeping in a position that helps posture.
One of the most important tips for practicing excellent health is finding a trusted chiropractor. Even the healthiest person can experience spinal misalignment that can have a domino effect on your overall wellness. With over 30 years of chiropractic experience in western North Carolina, Monitto Chiropractic is here to help you stay healthy and enjoy Asheville. Contact us today to schedule your visit.