Pediatric Chiropractic Asheville NC
In a city like Asheville with mile-high mountain peaks that rise out of the downtown skyline, people spend a lot of time outside. From exploring mountain peaks and waterfalls along thousands of miles of hiking trails to plunging downhill in some of the South’s best mountain biking parks, there is no shortage of outdoor activities on land. When the weather warms up from spring through fall, many Asheville residents make their way to creeks, streams, and rivers to kayak or go whitewater rafting. Parents who enjoy nature enjoy introducing their children to their favorite hobbies, and you can see that getting outside is a family event throughout western North Carolina.
Whether it’s outdoor living, participating in sports, or just part of growing up, children do experience subluxations – spinal misalignments that can lead to a number of other health issues. Establishing a relationship with a trusted chiropractor who performs pediatric chiropractic care is important for helping your children maximize health and wellness.
Finding Pediatric Chiropractic Care in Asheville, NC
Many people ask, "At what age can somebody be adjusted?" My answer is at any age.
I have adjusted babies on their way home from the hospital directly after birth up to severely osteoporotic seniors. Ideally, the BEST time to start chiropractic care is when you are young. Even as a baby in the womb! Most subluxations occur between birth and age 20.
While bodies are growing, misalignments in the spine can impact several aspects of a child’s health. Here are a few of the common improvements children will experience with regular chiropractic care:
- Ear Infections: Children with frequent ear infections may see a significant reduction in their occurrences and alleviate the need for tubes.
- Allergies, Sinus Problems, and Asthma: For many children, their allergies and asthma are caused in part by subluxations.
- Attention Problems and Hyperactivity Disorder: Spinal misalignments right below the skull, C1 and C2 vertebrae can short-circuit the medulla or brain stem causing behavioral problems.
- Bed Wetting: If your child experiences frequent bedwetting, spinal misalignment may indeed play a role.
- Reflux and Digestion: If a child’s spine is not properly aligned, it could lead to acid reflux and heartburn. A young child may not have the vocabulary to describe reflux, likely complaining about frequent stomach issues instead. While you might not think about the chiropractor as a solution for tummy troubles, it could be exactly what your little one needs.
- Pain: Children run and play and jump and fall, so it should come to us as no surprise that sometimes they have lingering pain that they might not be able to adequately explain.
If you would like a chiropractor with years of experience adjusting children in the Asheville area, contact the team at Monitto Chiropractic.