Spine Alignment Asheville, NC
Proper alignment is important in all sorts of areas in your life. Your vehicle’s wheels need to be properly aligned in order to ensure that you are not damaging your tires and other components while driving.
Your schedule needs to be properly aligned in order to ensure you are balancing work with family time and exercise.
One of the most important areas in your life that needs to be properly aligned is your spine. The brain, by its link with the spinal cord and the enormous networks of nerves that make up the body, effectively controls the entire body.
When this system is not working properly, the human body's entire performance suffers.
Here is what you need to know about keeping your spine properly aligned.
Spinal Alignment in Asheville, NC
When a vertebrae becomes misaligned or moves out of its normal position, this is referred to in the chiropractic profession as a subluxation. Subluxations can be caused by a number of factors, including:
- Sudden trauma caused by vehicle accidents can lead to misalignment. Even minor car accidents can lead to subluxations.
- Sports or work-related injuries can cause misalignment. Sometimes back pain will not accompany subluxations right away.
- It is possible that it was not the injury itself, but the way you healed or compensated for the injury while healing that contributes to misalignment.
- Being too sedentary can lead to spinal misalignment. Working remotely has actually contributed to many people spending too much time seated.
- Poor posture while you are sitting can actually affect your spine’s alignment. We have written about how posture can impact your spine.
- The way you sleep can impact your spine’s alignment. Many people stack pillows too high or sleep in poor positions.
There are many reasons your spine could be misaligned. Whatever the reason, your trusted chiropractor can help.
How the Chiropractor Can Improve Your Spine’s Alignment in Asheville, NC
Chiropractic is a holistic approach to the human body. It's based on the premise that the body can sustain itself and mend itself. Chiropractors are going to get to the source of your pain and discomfort and work toward a solution.
Drugs and medicine are not used as a means of treatment in the chiropractic world. While supplementation and nutrition are virtually always a component of the wider picture, medicines and prescriptions are often used as band-aids to alleviate symptoms rather than addressing the root of the problem.
When searching for a chiropractor you can trust in the Asheville area; you want to find someone with experience and expertise. Monitto Chiropractic has the knowledge and experience to help improve your spine’s alignment and help you feel better. Dr. Monitto is well-versed in a number of techniques, including the Y-Strap method. He can help you feel better while developing a plan to prevent future misalignments. Contact us to schedule your appointment today.